Over the past few years, I’ve been asked a ton of questions about nursing bras! And I always replied honestly that I had grabbed mine from Amazon & Target and they were cheap, ugly, and gave no support– but hey, they got the job done.
Well… apparently there’s no time like the third & final baby to finally get my act together and research comfy, size-inclusive, actually-cute nursing bras!
I went to Bella Bra Shop (offer A-O cups with 28-52 band size… amazing!) here in Dallas and got a lesson ALL the ins and outs of nursing bras. I tried on approximately 10000 of them, and these were my faves:
(**please excuse the photos! I grabbed screenshots from the video I filmed!)
- Most gorgeous: Truffles nursing bra. This is obviously a more “structured” bra, so even though its comfy it’s not ideal for sleeping. PERFECT for when you want to feel like your old sassy self again while lounging around the house in some black pj pants or sweatpants, and perfect for when you’re out and about and want a cute peek of lace to show when ya whip your boob out, haha!
- Plush, comfy, and padded for shape: Trutti Frutti nursing bra. This one I didn’t expect to love (I don’t need padding, lol) but it was sooo comfy that it won me over. I also like that it effortlessly and weightlessly added some lift and made a round shape without underwire. Comfy enough to sleep in. Racerback back.
- Literally the only pumping bra I have ever liked: Lotus pump bra. Y’all its actually comfy, which is a mf miracle. Works for hands-free pumping, and is designed to support the bottle as it fills. Can be worn for low impact exercise as a sports bra, as well. I will be keeping this one in my arsenal for sure… Anything to make pumping more bearable!
- My top pick, and the one I’ll be wearing for “every day”: Blossom nursing bra. SO COMFY. Adjustable neckline, the drawstring prevents uniboob, wears well under tees, and is soft enough to sleep in. AND I love that it is all of these things while NOT being boring beige! The dots are cute, and small enough to be “chic” rather than Minnie Mouse.
- Best nursing nightie: In My Dreams chemise. Built in bra, super soft, breathable (night sweats after baby are the worst… IYKYK), supportive with no underwire.
I so hope this was helpful! PS: if you’re in the Dallas area, I cannot recommend stopping into Bella Bra for a bra fitting highly enough. Especially because your boobs change sizes so much during pregnancy/nursing/etc. She is so cool (she’s seen my boobs in all their glory and I didn’t feel weird at all) and she’ll make sure its the perfect fit for you and your needs.