If I had a dime for every person who has reached out to me since I started FashionVeggie, asking for advice on cruelty-free, vegan hair dye — well, I’m not sure that I’d be technically wealthy, but I would definitely have a big chunk of extra spending cash! I am really excited to bring the news of animal-friendly, all-natural, Danish-based hair color brand Naturigin to you guys!!
You might have seen Naturgin around– I know I have. Retailing all over the world and widely available at places like Vitacost, The Vitaminshoppe and Walmart… Naturigin is definitely very unique in the space for several reasons.
- Family-owned! I love the story behind Naturigin. Founded by a husband and wife team after facing and surviving a battle with breast cancer, the couple (Mette and Stig) were determined to reevaluate their lifestyle, and they set out on a toxin-free, health-oriented path.
- They not only refuse to test on animals, but they are very active in the Humane Society International “Be Cruelty Free” campaign. They have spread the word, helped fundraise, and donated to the cause. (The Be Cruelty Free campaign is one of the largest campaigns in the world to end animal testing. Find out how to become involved on Naturigin’s website, here.)
- Naturigin offers certified-organic-based hair color! They currently have 19 beautiful, organic hair colors for you to choose from. Some of their organic ingredients: mandarin, lemon, sunflower seed oil, shea butter, jojoba, wheat, and aloe.
- They are shockingly and refreshingly eco-friendly! All Naturigin products are made using wind power. Their entire office uses wind power, as well. What does this mean for the earth? Renewable energy which requires no water, very little land, and produces no greenhouse gas emissions! All containers are reusable and recyclable, as well.
- They just say no! Some irritating, potentially carcinogenic ingredients you will NEVER find in Naturigin products: propylene glycol, SLS, SLES, DEA, and parabens.
My recent, personal experience with using Naturigin (my color: Very Light Natural Blonde) was great! After a full review of this ingredients, I felt confident to use this hair color while pregnant. It matched to my preferred/current hair color very accurately (I wanted to refresh my color and fix my roots, not change my color). The color is vibrant and just exactly as advertised. The smell was never overwhelming like you have with chemical-laden brands. Full disclosure: I did have someone else apply it to my hair, but only because I don’t trust myself to do much of anything at all when it comes to my own hair. My hair felt well conditioned and soft after application, and my grays (yes I have a few of those near the back of my head… boohoo) were completely covered.
I hope that you are as excited as I am about this incredible company. If you feel moved to do so, please feel free to share this post; I want people to know that they can achieve incredible hair color without harming animals, their health, or the environment… AND without spending a crazy amount of money.