Nothing makes you more vigilant while label-reading your beauty products than being with child… and knowing that whatever you apply goes into your bloodstream, and then straight to your developing baby! YIKES!
I wanted to share a few products I’ve been living for these past 6 months (!!! it is FLYING BY this time around), and whether you’re preggo or not, I hope it helps you find a beauty product you love and can trust!
- Mahina Beaute: Rejuvenating Body Oil With Live Ornus. This product is not cheap, but this is organic, anti-aging body oil at its finest. You feel like a queen putting it on! It is full of antioxidants and is firming + hydrating. The oil is made in small batches, and it smells amazing but doesn’t contain any gross artificial fragrance in the formulation. It soaks into your skin quickly, leaving no greasy residue, but making you feel as slick and smooth as a dolphin. I love some of the exotic ingredients, like Kukui Nut oil, rosehip seed, sage, and frankensence. Comes in a gorgeous, big glass bottle. HIGHLY recommend if you can splurge!
- BKIND: Sensitive Face Scrub. I got a sample size of this game-changing product in my monthly, cruelty-free Petit Vour box— an affordable subscription box that I reallyyyyy recommend if you are in the market for vegan and clean beauty products– and immediately bought the full size bottle. Not only am I addicted to it, but it is absolutely my husband’s favorite product to use on his face. It gently exfoliates your face and leaves behind silky, highly moisturized skin. I never feel like I’ve dried my skin out or irritated it after using this, which is unique for me when using an exfoliant. NO artificial fragrance or synthetics; only clean and earthy ingredients like cranberry seeds, apricot kernel oil, and geranium. A must-have!
- Talon nail polish. Talon is women-owned, cruelty-free, and vegan, and the polishes are all 10-free (made without the top 10 most harmful toxins found in most nail polishes). Plus– YALL, this polish stays put longer than ANY other regular nail polish (meaning, not a gel or a powder) that I’ve tried, EVER! I love their packaging, too.
- Giovanni Cosmetics: The 2Chic Repairing Line. I love how accessible this brand is– super reasonable price point, plus they’re available at Whole Foods, Kroger, and other popular spots, if you don’t like shopping online. The 2Chic line is totally vegan, and all of their products are free of parabens and sulfates. (Paraben exposure during pregnancy can interfere with fetal growth AND the growth of the child in the first few years!!! Super scary once you fall down the research rabbit hole. I won’t freak you out further by going into great detail, but in my opinion it is definitely worth seeking out paraben-free products at the very least, while preggo.). Plus, my hair always feels clean and shiny! Oh- and I have a coupon for this one if you wanna try it!
- Pacifica Beauty: Rose Water Makeup Removing Wipes. Let’s face it. When you’re pregnant, especially during the first and third trimesters, you are freaking exhausted. On nights where I simply cannot summon up the energy to get up, walk to my bathroom, and wash my face– I use these wipes. I keep them in a drawer in my bedside table and I can remove the day’s grime in 2 seconds! The wipes are refreshing, and leave my skin feeling clean and smooth. No SLS, sulfates, parabens, or petroleum. Note: this product does list “parfum (natural)” in their ingredients list, and typically I say to stay away from fragrances since they are totally unregulated and we have no way of knowing what’s in them. However, the fragrances used in Pacifica products are made in-house of essential oils, no synthetics, so personally I do not take issue with this. For this reason, I will also use the fragrances made my Pacifica while pregnant.
I hope y’all have found value in my little roundup up favorite beauty products! Let me know if you try them, and what you think! xx