(“FV” monogrammed vegan bag: loka loka)
Happy Tuesday! I’ve had a couple of readers suggest that I do a “what’s in my bag” feature, so I decided to empty out the contents of my tote to show you what’s inside. Judge me if you will for carrying cookies (they’re technically “biscuits”… does that make it better?) with me at all times if you will, but the bottom line is that they are delicious. But I digress. From left to right:
- Tortoise shell sunnies– These come with me everywhere. AND– they are currently on sale for HALF OFF! Run don’t walk to scoop up this chic pair; they go with everything.
- Elta MD Facial Sunscreen– I am very, very picky about my facial sunscreen, as nobody got time for breakouts. After kicking my previous favorite, Obagi, to the curb (they changed their animal testing policy), I picked mine up at my dermatologist’s office. I was happy to find that I liked how this sunscreen was on my skin even more! It is now my very favorite, and is available on Amazon Prime for 30% off right now! It is of course cruelty-free and vegan.
- Stella MCartney perfume– I carry a travel size on me at all times. The scent is a mix of amber and rose, and is feminine yet warm and approachable. It is obvs not tested on animals!
- Thank you cards– I love LoweCo cards because they are simple, classy (I love the bold, colorless embossed style of these thick, luxe cards) and small– they don’t clutter up my bag. I have a few on me at all times because showing appreciation is important, and I like to do it spontaneously!
- “Pur” vegan gum– “Wait… gum isn’t usually vegan?” you ask??? Not always. And this one is free of gluten, chemicals, and artificial sweeteners.
- Bare Bones deodorant– This is one of the best natural deodorants I have tried (this and Lavanila’s Sports Luxe are the only kinds that have worked for me so far). It is small, so it doesn’t take up much room in my bag and is perfect for touch ups after yoga, etc.
- Biscoff– Like I mentioned, these little gourmet vegan cookies are great alone or dipped into your coffee. My coworker told me about them when he caught wind that I was vegan (“Well, Molly, I don’t know anything about being vegan… Just that you can’t have bacon, and also that these little cookies they give you on the airplane are apparently vegan and they are DELICIOUS.”) I have a pretty raging snacking habit, so these are in my bag at all times… And they are, in fact, delicious. They are an Amazon “best seller,” so you know they’re good. Available on Prime! (God, I love Amazon.)
- ODA mineral foundation– SPF+ lightweight coverage; cruelty-free + vegan. This company sent me samples about a year ago, and I am a jerk so I only recently got around to trying them… And man, I’m totally addicted to this particular product of theirs, and will definitely order more once I am out. It leaves your face looking refreshed and even-toned, and never looks caked on. LOVE.
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter packets– I travel frequently for work, and I am always hard pressed to find an airplane or even a hotel with peanut butter; and if I do, it’s never all-natural. Justin’s has many varieties (hazelnut butter, peanut butter, etc.) but my favorite for travel is the almond butter; I put it on fruit or even eat it straight from the packet if I need a quick protein boost. Note: it does contain organic palm oil, so if you boycott palm oil this is not a good option for you. I hope to one day be palm oil free (it’s horrible for the environment and contributes to deforestation), but I am not quite there yet.
- The Good Girl– I love psychological thrillers. This one is a major page turner, keeping me wanting more, and was a super quick and easy read. Highly recommend! Gone Girl fans, you’re welcome.
So there you have it! Aside from my laptop, phone, my Matt & Nat summer wallet, and car keys, this is what is floating around in my big ol’ tote bag. (If you are in the market for a high quality vegan leather tote, I would highly recommend this one by Loka Loka… I love the front pocket and the matching pouch inside.) I hope you find it helpful!